Voice Search ApplicationTicketmaster, UX Design, Web Design
A ‘concept car’ project to define a superfast, accessible, concert ticketing experience for fans. Project Micron.
Beginning with a Design Sprint style week alongside a dedicated team comprised of Engineering, UX Research & Design. My role in the project included Research & Design.
Collating and analysing data from both our in-house Data Insights & Product Management teams we discovered some key facts, based around the event discovery and purchase behaviour of global fans.
- 8 out of 10 visitors came to purchase with a favorite artist/ show in mind. Rather than browse for inspiration.
- Only 10% of visitors return more frequently than monthly. Most visit twice per year or monthly.
- User Journeys starting with a matched search convert to sales over 15% higher than indirect journeys.
- Our event listing APIs allow for specific searches to be given and returned. Search is currently a user pain point.
- Voice based search with Machine learning and the listings API would unlock huge potential in both speed to relevant search results as well as offer a strong accessibility feature for users.
- A simple checkout widget could be utilised to significantly improve the purchase process.